Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Year

New Years' is a little tricky for me. You see, I'm a little bit of a list addict. A tiny bit of a goal setter. When this time of year rolls around, I could possibly go off the deep end and drown in an ocean of endeavors. Luckily, I have a balanced husband that won't let that happen.

On New Years' Eve as we prepared to do absolutely nothing, I said these words (cringe) to Kurt, "Hey, since we're not doing anything festive for New Years, after we put the kids down, we could sit and talk about this year, set some goals and talk about what we want to do with (x,y,z)!" He didn't say a word, but this is what his face said, "It's bad enough we're not even hanging out with friends, and you're telling me that while the rest of the world is out having a hoot hollerin' grand time, we're going to sit on the couch with a notepad and map out our year? Awesome." Needless to say, no lists were made.

So, in lieu of a making a detailed instruction manual of my life in 2011, I've settled on a few "aspirations". Some relaxed, calm "aims" if you will...

  • Wear an apron at least once a day.
  • Eat 9 fruits and vegetables...make that 5 because week one of that has not gone so well.
  • Consume even more butter than last year.
  • Listen to more music throughout the day.
  • Get up before the babies again. I'm having a little bit of a hard time beating Lily who currently likes to start her day at 4:15 a.m.
  • Work up to running 20 miles a week. This will only be accomplished with my tried and true running partner(and sweet friend) Katie who's been spurring me on since 2004. Love you girl. Let's do it.
  • Taste and see that the Lord is good.
  • Grow my hair out and donate it.
And Lily's goal is to keep the house clean and organized. I mean, she's the neatest one here. Cleans up after herself, eats neatly, doesn't get into anything and doesn't make an inch of a mess...

2 comments:

  1. those are wonderful, calm, relaxed goals, beth! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the apron goal.

    ReplyDelete